A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Lots of old friends and lots of new friends!

It´s so good to be home. I´ve decided that I´ll just go to Joplin to visit, then return and live in Jardim Mirna.... is that okay? Well, I guess we can talk about it later (I´m joking). But yeah, I´m back in my "terra natal", where I grew up in the mission. I´m with Elder Almeida again! Woo hoo! I´m to be his last companion before he finishes his mission on May 5th and returns to Fortaleza. (Genisblau, formerly known as Elder Paiva, will visit São Paulo on the 7th). It´s AWESOME to be here! Lots of old friends and lots of new friends! It´s so great! Just in these first three days, we saw a wedding, we had a baptism (CONGRATS for Paulo!), a service project, and we got cake three times! And I got to eat from one of the three BEST pizzarias in our mission, after almost a year and a half without it. So, I had to say goodbye to Interlagos. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be... I´ve got lots of great friends there. I´ll definitely go visit before I go home. Elder Sharp was called to be secretary of houses, so he´ll be working in the office during the day, and in his area of Santo Amaro at night. My package already arrived, so I´ll go get it on the way home from the psycologist on thursday. I´ll open it right then and there to give Elder Sharp what you sent for him. We went to the temple last Wednesday! It was so great! I was the registrator for the baptisms! It was such a powerful experience. Some of the missionaries were crying so hard, as they were baptized for their immediate family members who had passed into the spirit world. Heavenly Father was so proud of us! We did the baptisms, confirmations, initiatories, and endowments for our ancestors. I want to do more! As we left the temple, I stopped by the distribution center and felt impressed to buy a Book of Mormon in French. I later found out why. Here in Mirna, we have an investigator from Haiti. She is still struggling with Portuguese, and studies the Bible in French, her native language. So, I was able to present her with a copy of the Book of Mormon in her own tongue. She was so grateful! We plan on baptizing her this week. I´m so happy to be back in Mirna. We´ve got lots of work to do, I know that we will have success. I testify that Jesus Christ lives and loves us, and that, through baptism, we become His. And He will never forget about us, nor forsake us. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. I love you guys! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment