A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

I'm so excited to watch general conference this week!

This week was CRAZY! On Monday, we went to the mission office (I got my package!) and we went to Kalunga, an office supplies store. They had Sharpies. Legit Sharpies.... I got one. On Tuesday, I went and worked in Jardim Mirna with Elder Almeida (sounds familiar?) and we visited Paulo and Thassya! We helped them to set a goal of when they will go to the temple to be sealed! The goal is September 15th! It´ll be so awesome! I pray for them and for this goal every day. On Thursday, we had a PANCAKE BREAKFAST! So, there´s a member in our ward with a daughter who lives in Idaho Falls (YEAH). She was visiting São Paulo and decided to bring ingredients for PANCAKES and BLUEBERRY MUFFINS! She ran into the sister missioaries, and got our number, then called us on Wednesday night, inviting us to eat with her and her mom. There was PEANUT BUTTER and MAPLE SYRUP! It was a dream come true. And, she gave us the rest of the pancake mix and the syrup, along with more muffins and Nerds candies! It was so cool! We talked with her in English. Her 7-year-old daughter doesn´t even speak Portuguese! It was so trunky! Elder Sharp and I will visit her family once we are in BYUI. On Friday, we had a service project. It was awesome. I chisled a hole in a wall. How can it get better than that? On Saturday, we ate lunch with a sister whose son just got back from his mission in Fortaleza. It was really weird seeing him in person, for we had only seen pictures of him. His mom asked "why is it that you guys don´t tell us everything that happens on your mission until after?" We responded that it would scare the folks at home. She disagreed. Then her son told her about a murder that happened right in front of him. She changed her mind. Yeah, I´ve got lots of stories for you guys after the mission! :D It´s getting a lot cooler and starting to rain more often. Good bye summer, I´ll see you in Idaho! This transfer, I will be in Interlagos for a week or two, and then I´ll be transferred to Jardim Mirna and work with Elder Almeida for his last transfer! I´m really excited! I love you guys so much! Thanks for your prayers! I want you to know that I know that this work is true. This is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is the only true and living church. I´m so excited to watch General Conference this week. I testify that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet. He and the other Apostles are prophets, seers, and revelators that talk with God. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Interlagos (antiga Cidade Dutra) Estaca Interlagos Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment