A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, March 23, 2015

I heard Grandpa Frei's voice encouraging me.

I saw "Meet The Mormons"! It was so good! We had a zone conference in Santo Amaro last tuesday and saw it there. President and Sister Dalton made us popcorn! I went to the doctor and she said that, by the looks of things, I am getting better. We are still hoping and praying and working towards a miracle. On the way back from the doctor, Elder Sharp bought us ice cream cones at McDonald´s. On thursday, we went to the nursing home and ended up helping them throw a birthday party for Raimundo (he turned 75!) and also, that day marked his and Lurdes´s 40th wedding aniversary! Woo! With the depression and the anxiety, it isn´t getting easier. For example, we didn´t even leave the house of friday. I slept most of the day, but we are moving closer and closer to the solution. I´ve got a new pill for anxiety that also helps with sleeping (my sleep is improving a lot). We are seeing that taking 30 minute walks in the morning and eating a good breakfast help a lot And herbal tea at night just before I go to bed helps, too. And I´m taking my meds faithfully! We used some leftover lunch money to buy bananas to donate to the nursing home, since the folks there love bananas, and the home is going through a financial crisis. Few of the people we worked with this week went to church. Most of them promised they´d go, but didn´t end up going. I was really sad because of it. But I was happy because many of the recent converts I helped in my first transfer here showed up to church, and also a family who had been inactive for a long time came back because Elder Sharp went there with their home teacher. Look at the power of home teaching! It brought back a family that had previously told us (the missionaries) that they don´t want to go to church. I´ll be sure to do my home teaching visits faithfully when I get home! :) After church, I fell into a deep depression. I felt as if my mission, and even the ward, were just lost causes. but Elder Sharp assured me that our work isn´t in vain, and that we are planting seeds as we go. He also said that Grandpa is here with me, helping me to overcome this trial. As soon as he said that, I heard Grandpa Frei´s voice encouraging me. In that instance, I was reminded, once again, that the day of miracles has not ceased, that the plan of salvation is real, and that this Church is true. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. He is the central point of the plan of salvation. Because He lives, I will have my family with me forever, and we can reach exaltation. I testify that this is true in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. I love you guys and have a great week! -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Interlagos (antiga Cidade Dutra) Estaca Interlagos Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment