A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, August 10, 2015

He loves us with an unimaginable love.

Well, I´m still here! And probably going to finish my mission here, too! Elder Ward gets transferred tomorrow! We´ve decided that we need to be separated anyway. We´re just having way too much fun. It´ll be good to get some young´ns to keep us old coots in line. Plus it was getting really trunkie. But I will miss his cakes and his "midnight blond" moments. We´ll definitely hang out after the mission (we may have even made plans already). So, the weekly activities in the ward are going great! They are being announced in church, and, last Sunday, schedules were handed out to all the members. The newly called Relief Society president and her husband talked about my Bible Study in both their talks last Sunday. I taught about the Fall of Adam and Eve. This week, I will teach about the ancient patriarchs, Abel, Seth, Enoque, Mathusalem, Noah, and Shem. It´ll be awesome! And in our movie night tomorrow night, we´ll be showing "Legacy". Lots of great stuff is happening. You´ll probably get pictures tonight and throughout the week from the members of the ward here. Can you believe that I will have 1 year serving in Jardim Mirna? I just love it here! I look forward to a wedding/baptism at the end of August, a visit from Elder Neil L. Anderson on the 22nd of August, the sealing of Vagner and Sueli, and many more wonderful things! This Sunday, I will perform with the ward choir at ward conference. I´m super excited! And I got the package! Thanks so much for the goodies! I loved the t-shirt and the mini-Captain Moroni. I´m reading through the Bible again. I´m going to start Job today. I am officially making a goal to finish the four standard works by the time I get home. Can you ask Bishop Belnap if I can do a special musical number at my homecoming? And if Mom could start practicing number 127 in the hymnal to accompany me that would be great! I´ll be singing this hymn: https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/does-the-journey-seem-long?lang=eng. I´d also like to give a talk if I could. I testify that Jesus Christ is our own personal Savior. He loves us with an unimaginable love. He is our King. I love Him. I testify of Him in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment