A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

This past week has been the best week of my mission.

This past week has been the best week of my mission. Last monday, I had an emotional meltdown. Luckily, Elder Ward helped me out and I was happy again. We decided to deep clean the house, hoping it would improve the Spirit of the house and relieve stress. It worked. We cleaned the house really really really thoroughly. The next five days that followed, we worked more than we had in a LONG time, and we had great success. We recieved 35 referrals and contacted 32 of them, and we found 29 new investigators. It was awesome! We followed the Spirit and He led us to those who were ready to recieve us. I feel so much better about myself as a missionary. My monday meltdown was because I felt that I was wasting time and money and space. But now, I know that I CAN help people, and that the "successful part" of my mission has not passed. After a week of very hard work, we were rewarded with four investigators in sacrament meeting, one of which is marked for baptism (Joana, mother of recent convert Paulo), another will be marked this week, and a couple that I have long worked with (Francisco and Andreia) who are finally going to mark their wedding THIS WEEK. And this morning, I got a call from President saying that I´ve got a couple in Palmares who have marked the date of their sealing! And it´s before I come home! Look how the Lord has blessed us! I feel like my mission has been rededicated, as if I have been set apart once more, and that I do have a purpose. I´m so excited for this week. I am so grateful for Elder Ward (already saved my mission) and for President Dalton. This week, I will finally have an update on the electromagnetic treatment. Keep praying for me! I´ll need all the help I can get! And I had to buy food yesterday (ox in the meyer) because I almost fainted in sacrament meeting from lack of nutrients (I took my pills, so I don´t know why.. I think my metabolism is going really fast). I love you all and I testify of the truthfulness and sanctity of this work in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Jardim Mirna Estaca Grajaú Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment