A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, June 15, 2015

I love this ward so much!

Transfers again! Elder Ward and I are staying in Jardim Mirna SIÃO for at least another 6 weeks, which means that we get to be here for our birthdays (July 14 and 24)! I LOVE THIS WARD SO MUCH! So, I prepared a great talk to give last Sunday about the Savior, but it turns out that I´ll be giving it next week (I remembered wrong!) but at least I´ll have time to translate it to English to send to you guys! I´m proud of it! We´re starting a Bible Study this week! I´ll send you guys a flyer. It´s going to be sick! Everyone´s really excited about it. I don´t know about the U.S., but Brasil is bonkers about bible study! We´re going to use the intitute and seminary manuals to help teach people the restored gospel through the Holy Bible! It´ll be awesome! I hope we don´t get any big bible-bashers! This week is Festa Junina. It´s a Brazilian festival that´s really fun, but I don´t really know enough about it to describe it, so feel free to google it. All I know is that the Relief Society promised to save us some of the grub, seeing that we can´t attend the festival (BEST WARD EVER). Elder Ward and I are having a great time. We´re slowly but surely seeing results of our work, and it sure is gratifying. He´s teaching me so many things, especially the importance of "come what may and love it" (shoutout to Elder Wirthlin), or "go with the flow". It´s really helping me out with coping with depression. We are slowly but surely resolving that, too. The Church doesn´t approve of the treatment, but that´s okay. We´ll keep doing our best and the Lord will help us in the end! I love Jesus Christ! I know that He is our Savior and that He loves us. I am so grateful for Him and for all that He has done for us. I bear witness that He lives and that He guides His church today through living prophets, and that He will return. This is the testimony I bear of Him in His holy name, Jesus Christ. Amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Jardim Mirna Estaca Grajaú Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment