A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, February 9, 2015

I am a witness that Jesus is the Christ.

So, another week come and gone! It´s going by so fast! I don´t have that much to report. Not seeing much success, but we´re going to change that. We´re getting rain, so that´s awesome. If there´s anything worth saying this week, it´s this: I hope you have a great appreciation for Elder Sharp. Seriously, it´s not easy being my companion. He is helping me so much. If it wasn´t for him, I would have given up already. Every day this week, the depression comes harder and harder, more and more frequently. But he´s always at my side, to listen and to encourage. Also, he´s convinced me and I´ve decided that I want to learn to drive a motorcycle. But we can talk about that later. ;) Oh, and before I forget, I got my return date. I keep forgetting to tell you guys. I found out last transfer. I´m not sure if I should tell you guys because I´m afraid that Mom´ll get too trunky. But here it is: 20 October 2015. I´ll have 2 years and 18 days on my mission. I´m very pleased, because it previously was in September. So I just want to share my testimony with you guys. Like I said to Garrett, Ashton, and Ben in an earlier email, I would not be here if I didn´t know that this gospel is true. Without this surety, I would have given up already. Actually, I don´t know if I would have made it out of the MTC. But I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know this. Certain events have happened on my mission, one of them was this week, that show me that God loves me, that Jesus Christ knows how to succor me, that the Adversary wants to destroy me, and that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. I testify that we are on the Earth at this time for a reason, that is, to fight the good fight and stay true to the faith. We are here to build the kingdom of God where we stand, even Zion, the pure in heart, and the covenant people. I am a witness that Jesus is the Christ. I have gotten to know Him in my own small afflictions. He lives, and He is Almighty. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Interlagos (antiga Cidade Dutra) Estaca Interlagos Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment