A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, January 6, 2014

The most important thing we can do on this earth is preach the gospel.

Sister Silva is awesome! Her son, Thiago, was the translator. Yup, I bore my testimony, so did Elder Almeida and Sisters C. Santos and Küster. Yup. OUR WARD GOT SISTERS!!!! FINALLY! Our area was split and Elder Almeida is District Leader now. Elder Sharp, my DL in the MTC, arrived, too, and I got to see him and get a picture really quickly. I got letters from the Whites, the Thompsons, Sister Gilbert (Pat), and the Primary (the latter being my favorite Christmas present! Sorry, but it was awesome! I almost cried!) Supply of meds is good for now. Still waiting for that package and Rachel´s present. Retainers every night. 
So, I heard about Roxy. I´m not going to lie: I´m really sad about it. But I know that everything happens for a reason. I know that my loving Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. I know that, because of the Plan of Salvation, we can all be together again: mom, dad, children, and pets. I know that Christ lives, and that we will, too, someday. I know that the work I´m doing here is the work begun by Jesus Christ himself, and is the purpose and goal of our Father in Heaven: the exaltation and eternal life of mankind. I know that my purpose is true, to bring people unto Christ through faith, repentence, baptism, confirmation, covenants, and enduring to the end. I know that I have an all-powerful, all-knowing God protecting me and at my side as I strive to fulfill my purpose. These are the things I know, the things I have learned and felt and experienced. The most important thing we can do on this Earth is preach the gospel, to our neighbors, our brothers, our children, and ourselves. This work is great. It is very, very hard, but I am blessed more and more every day, as I follow the footsteps of my Older Brother, Jesus Christ. He is my foundation and He is my support. I represent Him. I love Him. I work with Him. And I trust in Him forever. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment