A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, January 20, 2014

My Portuguese is improving a lot!

I think that´s all the homework I´ll need. I´ll let you know next week.
About care packages: remember to wrap it really obnoxiously. Also include lots of pictures of Christ.  Before I leave this area, I´ll make a CD with all of my pictures on it and send ya´ll a copy. I haven´t recieved those three packages yet (Rachel, meds, and YW). Who knows? Maybe I´ll get it soon. 
In case you are wondering about my Portuguese, I can tell you that I´m improving a lot. I´ve had members and investigators tell me that I´m getting a lot better! Here´s my letter to my mission president:

Boa tarde, Presidente!
Nossa! Esta semana teve sido uma semana de altos e baixos, com doente, tempestades, calor, e o constante ataques por Satanás. Mas também, tenho um companheiro bom de mais, ala bom de mais, pesquisadores bom de mais, lideres de zona, pizza, etc, etc. Tive Conferencia Multizona, qual era muito, muito, muito bom, meu reunião preferido de todo ate agora; Estamos quase terminado com Doze Semanas; Eu falei com meu amigo do CTM (Élder Sharp) durante Conferencia Multizona; Estou tendo divertido!; Meu portuguese é melhorando cada dia, e muitas pessoas falaram que eu falo bem; e acima de tudo, eu ajudava trés pessoas seguir o exemplo de Jesus Cristo, sendo batizado, recebendo o Espirito Santo, e (por um), recebendo o Sacerdócio Aarônico. Estou muito animado por esta semana. Vamos melhorar nos mesmos, tornando mais convertido e discípulos verdadeiros de nosso Salvador e Líder, Jesus Cristo, enquanto melhorando Jardim Mirna, membros, menos-ativos, recém-conversos, e non-membros. Estou muito animado! Só alegria aqui, em este parte da vinha do Senhor. Abrigado por todo você faz. 
Elder Richins

Now I´ll try to translate it (English is actually getting really hard now):

Good afternoon, President!
Wow! This week has been a week of ups and downs, with sickness, storms, heat, and the constant attack by Satan. But also, I have a really good companion, a really good ward, really good investigators, zone leaders, pizza, etc, etc. I´ve had the Multi-Zone Conference, which was really, really, really good, my favorite meeting yet! We are almost done with Twelve Weeks [the training program]. I got to talk to my friend from the MTC (Elder Sharp) during the Multi-Zone Conference. I´m having FUN! My Portuguese is improving every day, and a lot of people said that I speak well. And above all, I helped three people follow the example of Jesus Christ, being baptized, recieving the Holy Ghost, and (for one) recieving the Aaronic Priesthood. I´m really excited for this week. We will improve ourselves, becoming more converted and true disciples of our Savior and Leader, Jesus Christ, while improving Jardim Mirna [our ward], members, less actives, recent converts, and non members. I´m really excited! Only happiness here, in this part of the Lord´s vineyard. Thanks for everything you do.
Elder Richins. 

So I´m running out of time again. But I want you to know that the Church is true, that Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith was a prophet and Thomas S. Monson is now. God is our Loving Heavenly Father. I love you all so much. Stay true to the faith and keep up the work of salvation!

Love,
Elder Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment