A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I love reading about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ!

Transfers! Elder Florentino and Elder Mathews are being transferred (the area will be white-washed, probably closed, and combined with my area). But Elder J. Barker and I are staying together! We´ll be together for General Conference, Juvenal and Magda´s wedding and baptism, my one-year mark, and a bunch of other stuff. This transfer will be DOIDO (CRAZY!)! I´m talking with President Dalton to see if I can get an extension on my mission so that I can see Juvenal and Magda get sealed (They can go to the temple in late September 2015, and my mission will probably end in early September 2015). We´ll see what happens. In the Bible, I´m in John 5! I love reading about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ! I´m learning so much about how I should be as His representative. I love the scriptures! So, we had a huge miracle happen last night! We were walking home (a little discouraged) after a busy day of running around in the rain, when the bishop called. Here is more or less of the conversation that occurred: Bispo: "Oi, Elders, you know Givanildo?" Elder J. Barker: "Which one?" Bispo: "Givanildo from the Elder´s Quorum Presidency" Elder Richins: "The recent convert?" Bispo: "Yeah, that´s the one! I just got done visiting him and his family. You remember his wife, Lurdes?" Elder Richins (to Elder J. Barker): "I don´t think you´ve met her. She´s super flaky. We´ve already tried and tried to invite her but she doesn´t want anything." Elder J. Barker (to Bispo): "Sure?" Bispo: "She wants to be baptized. I´ve already approved everything. Her baptism will be this Saturday. Can you come and teach her this week?" Both Elders: "Sure!" (we ended the call) ".......... WHAT?!" And that´s how it happened. We don´t know what bishop did, or what he said, or how he did it, but Lurdes is going to be baptized! One of the most spiritually uplifting parts is that more than three months ago, I promised to Givanildo that if he stayed true to the Lord and magnified his calling, his family will accept the gospel. I read to him the following, from Doctrine and Covenants 31: "Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones;and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church." I testify that the Lord qualifies His servants. If we are worthy and diligent and believe in His power, He will send the Holy Ghost to tell us what to say. I testify that in accordance to our faith and diligence in magnifying our callings, miracles will happen. They do not always happen when we want them, but they will happen when the Lord sees fit. Just to fill you in on the people we are working with: Breno... disappeared. again. So I don´t know what to do. We´ll try to find him again. But we will probably have to give up for now. Weverson... blessed the sacrament this week! It was great! Adilson helped him do it because he was really nervous, but did great! Vanessa and Cicera didn´t go to church. We will work with them at least one more week. Jaqueline... came with all three of her kids. We didn´t talk with João Vitor, but we will baptize him before the end of this transfer. She´s doing really good! Rodrigo... also came to church with his family (everyone except his dad and brother) He´s progressing towards baptism and has a testimony of the Restoration. Juvenal... went to church. His son is also returning to activity and even brought his girlfriend. Juvenal and Magda... are going great still! I love you all so much! Have a great week! -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Palmares Estaca Casa Grande Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment