A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Monday, November 10, 2014

I Know that Christ Lives.

Well, I´ve got some news! I finished the Bible! Woo-Hoo! What a great experience! I also finished "Evocando os Poderes do Céu" ("Invoking the Powers of Heaven")! Remember how our district has a goal to finish the Book of Mormon in six weeks (before November 23)? I´m in Alma 31! Woo-Hoo! I´m a cuz-cuz addict! It´s really good, really filling, really healthy, and really cheap! I´m going to the temple tomorrow! Oh yeah! President Claudio Costa (of the Brasil Area Presidency) will visit our mission this month! This Saturday, we will have Mão Que Ajudam ("Mormon Helping Hands") in our stake! It´ll be great! Elder J. Barker (my last companion) is in my zone, after an emergency transfer! Three companions in the same zone! We went to Bishop Lima this week and we asked him where we should work, as he receives revelation and holds the keys for this ward. He pointed out a neighborhood where we have never worked before. From what we´ve seen, it´s a great area! What a testimony to me of the divine calling of bishops in the work of salvation! This Sunday will have a Formula 1 race at the Autodromo. It´s going to be huge! Tourists are already coming in busloads! We saw 10 buses of tourists as we walked home from lunch yesterday. Pretty soon they will block off the streets. Sunday, November 16th, will have a nation-wide fast, under the direction of the Brasil Area Presidency, to recieve rain. The city of São Paulo will be without water in just a couple of months. Yikes! Elder Sá gave me a haircut! He thought he could get away with giving me a favela-style (pretty ghetto) cut. I made him finish. But not before I got a some pictures. Never before have I been so close to my Father in Heaven. I know He is there. I know that He loves me. I know that He sent Jesus Christ to suffer for me. What I am going through right now is just a glimpse of what He went through for me. I am thankful for this privilege, because I appreciate the Atonement now more than ever. This gives me hope. I know that Christ lives and because He lives, I can be made perfect one day. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. And I know that I can be healed through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Church is true. I am absolutely certain of this. I stand as a witness of the divinity of the work of salvation. It is God´s work. And I love Him so much. I leave you with my testimony and with my love in the sacred name of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen. -- Élder Thomas Richins Ala Interlagos (antiga Cidade Dutra) Estaca Interlagos Missão Brasil São Paulo Interlagos

No comments:

Post a Comment