A selfie for mom!

A selfie for mom!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

All is good in the MTC!

I saw Dallin H Oaks! He was our special devotional speaker. We sang "Praise To The Man" to him! He and his wife gave REALLY good talks!
All is good in the MTC!
They've started putting up Christmas lights! YES!
We're still trying to start doing only Portuguese. We did okay yesterday, but there's still a lot of English. Tomorrow is the day!
I saw "Legacy"! It was a lot funnier and cheesier than I remembered, but I still felt the Spirit really strong!
We went to the temple today! It was a fantastic session! The Provo Temple is really beautiful!
I've written more than 150 pages so far! (70 in my Small Plates and 80 in my Large Plates)!
Our investigators are going well, and my Portuguese is going great!
I'm the only one who hasn't gotten sick yet! I'm still losing weight, though. Those jeans that were a little snug are now too big!
I play volleyball now, and I'm not too terrible, but I love it!
My relationships with my companions are all improving greatly! There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm always trying to be more Christlike. One of my companions has Asbergers (not spelled right) and it reared its ugly head last night. But I know he didn't mean the things he said, and I still love him!
We had a substitute teacher one day and it turns out that he is my mission president's son! I'm going to get a picture with him!
Laundry, pills, retainers, overall hygiene is great!
It's really getting cold here!
I am dying to hear about the Home Front, especially about how the Work is going. I have some challenges! These apply to everyone, member, nonmember; active or inactive; convert or lifelong member. I've come to value these things as I try to become like Christ:
1. Study about Christ daily, using scriptures, Bible videos (really helpful!), and hymns.
2. Pray sincerely and boldly to receive an answer about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. This is so important!
3. Ask God if He really is your loving Father in Heaven. If you ask with sincerity and boldness, then you will receive a witness through the Holy Ghost.
4. Read the Book of Mormon ALL the way through slowly, with purpose.
5. Watch parts of the "Work of Salvation" broadcast or other videos on that site often.
6. Bear your testimony every day, be it to strangers, friends, family, or Heavenly Father.
7. Study "Preach My Gospel" and pray about it!
8. Watch General Conference Talks often.
9. Try to always be like Jesus Christ: do what He would do, say what He would say, react as He would react, and love like He loves.
I have a testimony of just how much my Heavenly Parents love me! It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is a worthy cause, then Heavenly Father will help me! He's helping me sing! I'm a tenor! He helps me learn to play volleyball because it brings me joy! He's created this beautiful Earth for me to live on! There are so many blessings, some are massive, others small, tender mercies, that I have received because I've believed. There will be miracles if you believe! We are all God's children! He cares about us like any other father! He is sad when we mess up and are disobedient and he is happy when we are on the right track. He wants so badly for us to return to Him.
I've learned that God is not some nameless, faceless, all-powerful being. He's not just a really nice boss, under whom we work happily. He is my Father. He cares about me personally. Just as my earthly father loves all of his children, Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. As a missionary, I am training to become a Good Shepherd, like my Older Brother, Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father is trusting me to help Him bring His children home. What a glorious calling! I can't wait to share this message with the world, that God is real! He loves us so much, even to the point of sending His Only Begotten Son to suffer and die so that we can return as exalted and resurrected beings! What an example Christ is! For the past three weeks, I've walked beside Him and beside my Father. They have been at my side this whole time. I am backed up by generations and generations of family members, long dead and yet to live. Knowing this, I can do all things!
It's time to log off for this week, but I want everybody to know that I know that my Redeemer lives. He loves us, and wants us to come to Him. His Way is the only way. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so powerful. I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and that we have a living prophet, Thomas S Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that the Bible is true. Our scriptures are the words of God. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that His Atonement did happen. The priesthood, or authority and power of God, is returned to the Earth once more. I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ, established during His Earthly ministry, and restored to the world. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is the rock spoken of in Daniel, which will continue to grow and fill the entire earth, bringing salvation to all men, women, and children who believe in Christ. For me, testimony isn't a list of beliefs, it's a list of facts, proven to me through miracles and through the witness of the Holy Ghost. Value your testimony. Nourish it and expand it. It can do nothing but good for you.
I will end my personal and undying testimony of Christ and His Gospel in the His name because I love Him and am proud to be His servant and under-shepherd. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Example, and my Brother! I declare this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.












No comments:

Post a Comment